Sunday, March 20, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Saturday! :)

So, it's another recipe!! I had to try this one since Aaron and I looove buffalo chicken. :)

What you need:
1 pound chicken (I used breasts and cubed up.)
1 can stewed tomatoes, or 1 can of diced tomatoes plain
2 cups white rice cooked (as per directions.)
Montery Jack Cheese
1/2 cup of buffalo sauce ( I used Red Hot's this time, but I'm having a special bottle of Wicker's coming from my father in law in Memphis for the next time!!)
Small Amount of Veggie/Canola Oil
Cajun Seasoning
Blue Cheese Dressing/Ranch Dressing (your preference)


1. Cube thawed chicken and cook in pan with oil until pink is gone, and edges get browned. I also added some seasoning in at this point as well to flavor the chicken.
2. Cook 2 cups of white rice according to your directions. (To make this really fast, buy the 5 minute quick cook rice.) After cooking and fluffing add some cajun seasoning to your rice. (I could eat this alone!) I used a plastic fork because I feel with metal it gives the rice a metal flavor- I know I'm weird but oh well!
3. Add your can of stewed tomatoes to your cooked cubed chicken! (I am going to used diced tomatoes next time because I did not like the big hunks of tomatoes in the dish. This is your preference.
4. Add your Buffalo Sauce, I used Red Hot's- but I really prefer Wicker's. I had Wicker's the first time down at my inlaws over the winter break and I lovvved it! But, here's the kind I substituted.
5. Put in a 11x13 pan, dark metal or glass- doesn't really matter. Sprinkle with your montery cheese. Bake for about 15 minutes on about 375 until the cheese is bubbly.
6. Let cool for a few minutes, add you some ranch or blue cheese on the top.... and ENJOY! We did!:)
 Have a good Sunday, yall.
post signature

1 comment: